I was trying to file an auto accident claim with Hartford Insurance company. But I was transferred to Gallagher Bassett by Hartford Insurance because Hartford said that GB was the third party who handles their commercial policy holders' claims.

I talked to two ladies in Gallagher Bassett. The second one's name was Shirley (and I don't remember the first girl's name).

Experience with the first lady: after answering three questions she became very impatient with me. Then she quickly said 'Hold on' and put me on hold.

Experience with the second lady: after waited for several minutes, the second lady answered my call. I started to ask her the same questions that I asked the first one since she didn't seem to know what my issue was. She was even worse than the first one. Her tone was so impatient and rude! While I was still talking (asking the third question), she hung up on me!

I guess this is GB's way to do business, which were instructed by those big insurance company who hire them - to be so rude and to make claim process such a pain to us; and eventually to scare us away so those big insurance company (such as Hartford) don't have to pay us anything without damaging their good reputation.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of auto accident claim from Gallagher Bassett. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gallagher Bassett to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was adjusters insults and blatant disregard of facts. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gallagher Bassett for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Newmarket, Ontario, Canada #1256109

he is right. they always deny first and thru legal dispute then they try to take your claim seriously.

Shame on COSTCO using this insurance company. Dec.15,2016