Kiona Bwm

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Worst insurance company ever.

Had a Semi truck who they insured hit me they gave me the runaround it have been almost 3weeks and nothing has been done my car is Total I am provided no rental vehicle and still have yet to get reimbursement for the car In which they are taken full liability for.do yourself a favor Lawyer up as soon as possible like I am with this company.
Terence C Nfo

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Lompoc, California

This company sucks

Gallagher Bassett - This company sucks
Gallagher Bassett - This company sucks - Image 2
A FedEx driver backed into my Mercedes , Gallagher Bassett is their outside claims handler, they have gave me the runaround for 3 weeks leaving me with no rental or car. Disgusting customer service , they are scam artists, just wasting time , Ill be filing complaints everywhere at this point. They got me set up with some adjuster in Pennsylvania when Im In long island New York. Go to your insurance company rite away do not try n listen to their lies and run arounds.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not allow them to settle your claim go to your own insurance company they will delay you and play games leaving you with no car

Talicia Nns
map-marker Belfast, Belfast

TERRIBLE COMPANY WORST I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH

Lost photos I took 6 times.They then said I was talking to wrong department , they rang me!.The phone number is never answered. Leave message never rang back.Put in complaint nothing happened 1 email.Told me they were repairing my van so I spent 1000 pounds to get through mot.

Two days after that I was told they were writing it off.No apologies or offer a refund offered.When I got the price was no where near the price I thought was fair. I sent in examples of my van ignored my emails.The value that was put on my van was using a different model made no difference to them .Companies like this should not be allowed to operate on these shores.The insurance regulator needs to steep in and shut them down .

If you taking out insurance ask who the insurance company use to settle claims for them. .If the above company comes up run avoid .Avoid Avoid

User's recommendation: DONT BE A CUSTOMER

Armel Yjw

Terrible Experience

I have never had such a terrible experience with an insurance company as this. I was hit by a car insured by this company and was ignored by Gallagher Bassett for almost a month as I tried to contact them to get my unsafe car in for repairs.

Once I finally did, they used third party representatives, so something that should have been done quickly took up to two weeks. They eventually totaled out my vehicle two months after the accident and over a month later I still have not received the money from the company.

They only send checks and do not do any form of direct deposit and have tried to send me things twice, but sent it to the wrong address both times, despite my correct address being on every report. It has been 3 months since this accident, and I am still trying to get the money from this company.

This company does not care about anything but their own money and have put me into a state of financial crisis because of this accident and their borderline refusal to give me the money for my totaled vehicle.

Cons:
  • Slow returns
  • Not detail oriented
  • Terrible communication

Preferred solution: I want other people to be prepared for what is ahead if they ever have to go through this company for a car accident claim.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company. If you are in an accident with one of their people and have to, be annoying and pushy and contact them using any platform available.

Jakhai Tvl

Poor service

If you have to go with this insurance for any reason, don't! I was hit by another driver whose company has this insurance and they claimed FULL responsibility and then pinched pennies, argued with me, and refused to cover SO many of the necessary expenses caused by their client. They start off friendly and the moment you make reasonable requests and don't just go with their initial offer, they turn into rats and do not have any vested interest in you, your health, or what is owed to you. I would say lawyer up if you have to interact with them.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Run

James J Ggh

Issues with adjuster Matthew Shepherd

Adjuster lost my mileage reimbursement request went into his spam folder. He said he would get on it immediately that was over 45 days ago. I have called several times only to get his voice mail he does not call back or follow up. Have other issues to discuss but cannot get him to respond.
Cons:
  • Poor communication abilities and customer service

Preferred solution: My reimbursement check

User's recommendation: Don't use Gallagher Bassett

SUZANNA T Eyh
map-marker Honolulu, Hawaii

Terrible experience so far...will keep you updated but I don't expect much different.

My car was damaged by another driver who is covered by them (and was cited for being in the wrong) and do not return call, emails. It's been a month, and I haven't had an adjuster even call me back. Luckily my car is still drivable, or I'd be SOL. This company is a joke, how do people operate like this?!? Kasee Beard do your job!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Im going to need more space

Preferred solution: To get my vehicle fixed. That's all I want.

User's recommendation: If it's up to you don't use them, in my case I didn't ask to get hit by someone with *** insurance!

Niki F Lpe

| map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Horrible customer service and business dealings with claim

We have been fighting this company since 12/5/23 when a Mobile City Bus hit my sons car. Their adjuster Megan Smith is horrible to deal with.

Calls go unanswered and never returned. We have filed complaints with the insurance commission, as well as the better business bureau. Made multiple phone calls to Megan and her supervisor Andy Rogus with no return call. The repair shop has attempted to reach them to get approval to start repair with no return calls.

Dealing with Gallagher Bassett and their incompetent call center and insurance adjusters has been a complete nightmare. This has made our entire holiday a nightmare filled with stress in dealing with this company and their incompetent adjusters. 0/10 do not recommend them for anything. If youre in an accident with one of their insured, file claim with your insurance company and let their team of lawyers fight with Gallagher Bassett to recover your damages and your deductible.

This company is the worst we have ever encountered and would not recommend them to insure anything.

They are a disgrace to the insurance adjusters who actually do their jobs and work with you to complete claims in a timely manner. It does not take a month to approve a repair for damage their insured caused.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Filing complaint with insurance commission
  • Incompetent
  • Fighting to get claim approval

Preferred solution: Our claim paid and approval to have our vehicle repaired in a timely manner.

User's recommendation: Never use them. And hire a lawyer to get your claim paid. Unless you enjoy a headache and stress of multiple calls with no return call back, filing complaints with BBB and Insurance commission.

James s Ncv

Verified Reviewer

For over 18 months I get the same 3 prescriptions and have issues with them approving them every month. I had not got my meds on time since I first got hurt.

They do not care about there clients( Valerie Cannady) never get my meds on time . Have issues trying to see the doctor if not approved by her.

Preferred solution: Apology

map-marker New York, New York

Illegal activities and severe discrimination

Randolf Anderson needs to be put in prison for what he's done to me. Extremely illegal and discriminatory, this man is a predator.

He is my company's insurance adjuster for workers comp claims, and he has done the upmost to harass and destroy my peace of mind. All I did was report him for being discriminatory towards me for being autistic while he was talking to me.

He has gone against his own business' policies and broken laws set in place to protect people like me, just because he was angry at me for holding him accountable. If you ever have this man as your adjustors, hire an attorney immediately because he will deny your claim without even investigating properly like he did mine.

User's recommendation: hire a lawyer

Guest

You may need a lawyer but for another reason. You don’t defame someone online in a public post. Especially when they also work for the same company you do.

Dana W Esd

Verified Reviewer

Claim adjusters do not contact.

I have spoken to one adjustor since March. I received a letter that says my doctor stated I am at MMI, I have not been old to see said doctor. No one will call me and my shoulder is not healed.
Cons:
  • Claim adjust or turn over is terrible
map-marker Bakersfield, California

They sucked for the insured but was great for their client

GetIt was horrible from beginning to end. I didnt get any of expenses I lost on my trip because of things I couldnt do because of the accident. Nothing for pain and suffering. To this day I still have pain from the accident. I should have gotten a lawyer. I only wanted to settle for what I thought I was owed. Being nice was not in my favor. Their rep lied to me when she did make contact. She left the company knowing she had no intentions to help me. She just kept me hanging thinking she was helping me.

User's recommendation: Get a lawyer from the begging.

map-marker Vilas, North Carolina

Failure to provide report of calim investigation

Horrible company that defrauds veterans. Long hold times and *** poor communication. You will be sorry if you do business with them unless of course you a company that is greedy.

User's recommendation: DO NOT get involved with this company at all costs.

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Gregor Xcp

Horrible experience

The claim adjuster (s) provide harassment instead of customer service. Trying to save a few bucks - but in the long term it will cost them thousands Great ready for a horrible experience.
Pros:
  • Absolutely no pros
Cons:
  • Lack of respect and empathy
  • Poor communication abilities and customer service

Preferred solution: Let people know to stay clear of this company.

map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

CLAIMS ADJUSTOR LIED TO ICA TO COVER FOR DELAYED TREATMENT

My doctor sent referrals to the claims adjustor for 2 months with no reply; after I filed a request for a hearing with a 1061J, the adjustor made a last-minute appointment for me to receive an IME, which closed my claim. After some research, the claims adjustor was lying about not receiving referrals. I have a hearing scheduled to contest the Independent Medical Exams findings and to address Lesia Fejarang's actions.

User's recommendation: DO NOT TRUST GALLAGHER BASSETT, UNETHICAL COMAPANY

map-marker Morganton, North Carolina

Celynthia or however you spell her name is the worst

I was in an automobile accident on the the job(not my fault) and this is the workmans comp company my company uses. Celynthia or however her name is spelled is the absolute worst.

One of the Drs she sent me to gave me a zero rating for a back injury that resulted in a life long prescription and life long disability/pain. Asked for a 2nd opinion . Had to wait almost 6 months to get a 2nd opinion and now she claims theyll split it the difference between the two ratings. I also had a wrist injury and that rating was submitted to her 6 weeks ago.

When I called to find out why I havent heard anything from an adjuster, she lied and acted like she never got that rating. She doesnt call back , gives you the run around, and is a shady as shady can get.

I was trying to avoid having to get a lawyer , but apparently Im going to have to.My company isnt the problem, they've been great, its Gallagher Basset that's the problem. Ive had to fight for weeks on end for mileage reimbursement too.

User's recommendation: You’re probably going to have to get a lawyer to get anywhere with these people.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article