Hi, attached letter says it all.November 9, 2017 Office of the Commissioner Workers' Compensation Commission Eighth District 90 Court Street Middletown, CT 06457 Re: Michael Thomas v.

NEMF Claim: 011316-000722-WC-01 DOI: 2.14.14 Dear Commissioner I am writing to make you aware of the following and to ask for your assistance. I retired from NEMF on April 25, 2017. In early June I telephoned Patricia Hagan at Gallagher Bassett Services about settling the referenced claim. Ms.

Hagan said she would start the process and that it took time, I should not expect to hear from her for several weeks. In mid August I called Ms. Hagan again to inquire about status. Ms Hagan stated, “Oh, I never got back to you”.

She then promised to call me within a week with a response. One week later, I had not heard from her, another call, another promised response the following week. One week later no response. Another call answered by voice mail, no return then or for the next ten contacts over the next three weeks.

In mid September I called Gallagher Bassett's Main number at their Mass. Location. I explained I had not been able to contact Ms. Hagan for 3 weeks and was concerned she may be out of work.

When I found she had been at work the entire time and not returning my calls, I asked to speak to her supervisor, Michael Sassu. Mr. Sassu was not available so I left a message on his voice mail, alerting him to the situation. Later that day Ms.

Hagan called me back to say she would have a response within a week. A week goes by, no response, I call Ms. Hagan, you guessed it , I will have a response in a week. More weeks go by, Ms.

Hagan is not available and does not return messages on her voice mail. I finally get Ms. Hagan on the phone, you know how the conversation went. Another week, no response, no returned calls.

A week ago I called Mr. Sassu, voice mail, left message requesting response, twice again over the following week, still no response. And so here I am today, roughly five months later, no response from Gallagher Bassett. I believe I am being treated this way because Gallagher Bassett is aware that I am without legal council.

This claim is my first and only. I sought council after injury because I was in a lot of pain, my injury was not diagnosed and I was worried about my ability to continue working. Not having experience with workers' compensation, I picked a law firm from the phone book. Over time I became very dissatisfied with my representation, unaware that I would not be able to hire another law firm, I let my opinion be known.

The law firm and I agreed to part ways. That is when I found out no other firm would take my case. Today, Three and a half years after my injury, I still have back pain and expect I will for the rest of my life. All I am asking for is a fair and equitable settlement of my claim.

I ask that you intervene to protect my legal rights.Thank you for your time and consideration, Michael Thomas

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Gallagher Bassett?

Comments

I agree as they never answer the phone and never return voicemessages. Good luck I hope you get the support you need