Gallagher Bassett - Handling of Injury at Trader Joe's Palm Desert, CA

On April 27, 2013, a young man with heavy boxes on a gurney slammed in to me from behind at Trader Joe's Palm Desert, CA; he did not observe me because he could not see over the boxes.I had to twist my whole body to the left to keep from falling down.

I now have painful Tenosynovitis (average level 8) in both ankles as well as a torn tendon in my right ankle. I have to wear a boot so that I can walk a little. I have been told by my doctors that this condition will become worse.

Gallagher Bassett is the Insurance Company for Trader Joe's; it keeps delaying any settlement.I am now being threatened that I have to be patient and realize that if I don't cooperate I will have to pay all the costs of my Medical Insurance.I think Gallagher Bassett is delaying the process so that the time limit of two years will occur.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Treatment by claims adjusters

Reason of review:
severe ankle injury
Preferred solution:
Pay all my medical out of pocket expenses as well as 10 years of shots which are not covered by any medical insurance company. In addition, I would like all the medical insurance bills paid.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Injury Insurance
Review category
review #548080

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gallagher Bassett? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
pissed off

Oct 30, 2014 #893274 Peru, Illinois

We are going through it now. My husband was 15min late for an appt that they scheduled an hour and 45min away and was full of construction. Doctor turned him away and bc of that they cut his comp check in half. Im devastated.

1 1 Reply

Oct 21, 2014 #888173

Run to a lawyer

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gallagher Bassett. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Gallagher Bassett.
Filing a new complaint about