Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

BEWARE!!!!

COSTCO AND THEIR CLAIMS ADMINISTRATORS, GALLAGHER BASSETT SCAM TO TRICK COSTCO CUSTOMERS

I bought 4 new tires from Costco Woodland Hills in 2017 for my Infiniti G37 Sport. So, in April 10, 2018 I brought my car into the Costco's Northridge California Tire Center to remove 2 nails from my left rear tire and to rotate all my tires. After I received my car back I saw the tire center damaged 3 wheel rims of my and covered it up in their paperwork. Unbelievable, those people have no integrity. A manager named Kevin claimed that another Costco Customer complained to him the week before that her rims were damages, but that he convinced her that it was her fault. So, they made the woman walked away, as if it was her fault and did not make her fill even a claim.

In my case, I asked the Costco Tire Center to come and show them the damage, so, they asked me to come back but then changed their minds after and asked I come after they talked to the Costco Assistant Manager named Sargon. But when Sargon Called he told me not to come to Costco for them to take pictures of the damaged rims. This is because when the aluminum first scratch it is colored white. But after couple of days it oxidize and change color to dark gray and will look as if it was an old scratch. Thus, as if this would make Costco Tire Center not responsible to the damages to my rims.

When I asked Sargon why the change of mind not to come immediately and take pictures, he said because they do not want to bother me. Sargon then said he will call me to bring the car and file a claim with their insurance company Gallagher Bassett.

I waited almost two weeks and a guy from Gallagher Bassett named Taylor Boedeker called and asked me to send him pictures. I sent him 3 videos and 27 pictures of the 3 damaged rims and explained that Costco use a tool to remove tires from the rims and reinstalling the tire on the rim with a tool. However, Taylor Boedeker lied and said that Costco Tire Center never use a tool to remove the rim!!?? So, how the heck the removed it, I asked, but the deceptive Taylor Boedeker could not answer and cut me off, saying that they will not pay me anything and that he will send me a letter.

I asked Taylor is he saw my videos showing the fresh damages to my rims I sent him in 4 separate emails and to Google Drive and he said he did open them or saw them. I asked him if he has a email service like DropBox to send a videos and he said they don't use them. I asked if they use some other sort of email service and he refused to answer my questions. We engaged in an argument and he disconnected the phone on me. Such rude lying bastards.

It will cost me thousands of dollars to fix and replace the rims of my beautiful car. Don't go to Costco to replace your tires, they will damage your rims and cover it up, and then tell you to file a claim, their insurance company Gallagher Bassett will then deny. This is such a scam, ladies and gentlemen.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gallagher Bassett Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Costco's Insurance claims with Gallagher Bassett must pay me the $3500 it would cost me to replace/repair the damaged rims..

I didn't like: Dishonest gallagher bassett as claims admin for costco.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 25.

Comments

I think your drove your car into a bad road patch and now you want free new wheels

Your story is full of holes. You requested a tire rotation and a flat repair with two nails.

With a tire rotation no tire is remove from the wheel, just rebalanced, so no tools were used to remove the tire from the wheel.

Costco does not repair multiple punctures on a single tire if it is too close to each other, the tire would need to be replaced. Sounds like you're trying to scam Costco.

to Anonymous #1592605

Get a life jerk and find a new insurance company to administer your claims. You know well how they cheat your customers.

The only reason so many people read this post is because it is relevant to them. No one is talking only about the repair or rotation but how it is done to damage rims.